My family likes to hike and find geocaches, so when my cousin's son came for a visit, we took him out to look for a geocache:
Reflection of using YouTube...
Seeing as I don't have video editing software on my computer, and Animoto was fun and simple, I wanted to rise to another challenge and try posting to YouTube. I look at videos quite often from YouTube, and even videos from friends, so I have always wondered how to do it. How hard could it be??Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work to upload any of my videos - I am thinking there is a conflict between the program on my computer that the videos are uploaded to and YouTube. I tried a few different things, but could not get the video to work, so settled on photos. I was pleasantly surprised to find that there were ways to edit photos, and add music to the photos. I have powerpoint on my computer, but have never been able to add music to it, so I was happy to have this option! I would imagine I could add more photos, and time it perfectly to coincide with the end of the song, but my intent was to just play around with some of the features. I am glad that it was mentioned to change the privacy settings to unlisted. At least it will limit who can see find it.
I think it would be fun to incorporate these kind of short videos into a library website. Of course I am always concerned about privacy issues though. I thought it would be an idea for students to present book reviews for their friends to see, but I would have to look into those privacy settings a little further. I know most students are very familiar with YouTube, and access it often, so being able to post something onto it from school as an educational project would be an exciting and interactive thing to do!
It's not too tough after all, hey? I was really nervous the first time though, as I have concerns over anything I have put online being accessible by any and everyone. Those reminders Aaron gave us were pretty helpful - setting the audience to 'unlisted', turning off the ability for people to make comments, etc.
ReplyDeletewell done!
Also loved the video! Looked like a great day for a hike, with lots of amazing vistas of the surrounding countryside. Such beauty up near Kamloops! I really liked the transitions you were able to implement, the fun music, the colour commentary and the fun you all had! A great example of what you can do with a little bit of time and some photos!
ReplyDeleteA little reflection and discussion of the usage of video publishing in your potential classroom/library would be an excellent addition to your two video posts.
Hello Niki, I also loved your video! Great scenery! You and your family looked like you were having a blast. When I uploaded my video to Youtube, I had my settings on private and could not figure out how I was going to share my video on my Blog because it would not work!!! It took me awhile and a few google searches later but I finally figured it out that it had to be on unlisted. I guess those are the important things I miss out on during the office hours. I am still a little apprehensive of having my video accessible to others on Youtube, however, it is comforting knowing that only those with the url address have access to it. Thanks for your post this week and I enjoyed it.
ReplyDelete